Dining Room Design - Olde York Road Furniture
Are you are decorating or remodeling your dining room, The American Furniture Manufacturers Association offers the following recommendations for dining room furniture shopping:
- Do you want formal elegance or casual comfort? First decide on the tone of the room.
- Decide on a budget.
- Measure and evaluate your space to see what pieces you can accommodate.
- Basic pieces for a well-equipped dining room are generally a table and chairs, a china cabinet for display and storage and a sideboard or buffet for serving and additional storage.
- The dining table and chairs are the centerpiece of the room – this is a good place to start.
- When shopping, look underneath the table to see how it is supported – four legs, pedestal, trestles – you want something that will be comfortable for you and your guests .
- Dining tables are generally constructed of wood, metal , natural or cast stone, often with a glass or stone top.
- Most materials also are offered in a variety of finishes, from light to dark. Examine the finish by rubbing your hands across the top and sides.
- Be sure to take a seat in the dining chairs and sit back for a while. Wiggle the backs, legs and arms. Do they feel sturdy? Are they comfortable?
- Once you've selected your major furniture pieces, move to the finishing touches: accessories. They will help you create the right ambience.
Olde York Road Furniture features the finest dining room furniture selection in Ringoes, NJ. Great selection of tables, chairs, servers, buffets, china cabinets, bakers racks, bars and bar stools. Casual dining furniture for your kitchen or formal dining furniture for your dining room.